A carpet can transform any room’s décor, look and feel effortlessly and instantly. Out of many home décor products available today, premium carpets are one of them. To instil style and fashionable statement, many home owners choose premium hand knotted rugs or premium power loom made carpets. These carpets feature contemporary designs, patterns and styles that can instantly match any type of décor and amplify the overall style statement of a room. Today, one can find out variety of carpets and rugs in the market. Modern hand tufted carpets showcase fine craftsmanship and are made with skilled hands and a mechanized tool to inject pieces of wool through drill guns. On the other hand, hand knotted rugs are also known as hand-woven rug that consume a lot of hard work and several months to finish. It takes a lot of time to make hand knotted rugs, thus, they last for years without showing any wear and tear. Hand knotted rugs are mostly made with high quality wool or silk. They are non-toxic in nature and help to a great extent in purifying the air. If you have small kids or pets around, then you should go with them as they are non-allergic and don’t emit any kind of pollution. They come in various sizes including rug covers that cover most part of the floor and an area rug that is made to cover a small area in a home. And when it comes to power loom made carpets, they are comparatively cheap in quality and don’t take much time in making. They are often known as machine made carpets that come with a definite life and don’t last for long. However, when it comes to quality, benefits and relevance, then hand knotted rugs have an upper hand compared to power loom designed carpets.
There are multiple ways to see the differences between machine-made and hand-made carpets or rugs.
First of all, hand-knotted rugs are symmetrical on the surface and back, whereas machine made carpets are uniform on both sides. Similarly, the knots on the back of hand knotted rugs are little bit uneven in nature, whereas machine made carpets or rugs feature uniform knots at the back. Therefore, the quality of knots alone makes the hand knotted rugs more durable than that of machine-made carpets.
But, hand knotted rugs are often used for spot covering or for a smaller space. Whereas, carpets are used to cover the entire space. So when it comes to choosing the right carpet for your house, one needs to know different parameters in order to get the best. As carpeting is now not only restricted to the living room and is being used for kitchen, baths and other spaces, it is important to know the essential parameters. Modern carpet exporters offer a variety of designs, features and utilitarian carpets for living room, baths and kitchens. Thus, one needs to shop according to the requirement. If you want it for a bath or kitchen then it should be laundered and water resistant in nature.
Some of the prominent features that one must check out while buying carpets for home are:
- Slip-resistant: Make sure it offers a slip-resistant surface to avoid tripping or slipping. At the same time, it should be of a fine quality that can prevent you during slips or accidents.
- Check-out the padding: Make sure that the carpet is well cushioned or padded that can insulate your impact. Well cushioned or padded carpet gives a very soft touch and offers extra comfort to your feet. As the winter season is around the corner, well-cushioned carpet gives warmth to your underfoot.
- Noise resistant: It is one of the best qualities of the best carpets. A high-quality carpet reduces noise to a great extent. One doesn’t feel or hear the sound of clatter coming from shoes or slippers that make a very cosy and noise-free ambience in your home.
- Easy to clean: Also, it is very important to know the process of cleaning the carpet from the carpet exporters or suppliers. Make sure to clean the carpet periodically in order to stop allergens. It is recommended to use a vacuum cleaner that has a Hepa filter to conduct proper cleaning.
- While buying carpets in Delhi or any other metropolitan city make sure to visit the well-renowned and licensed carpet supplier online or offline to get the best quality.